We are often asked “What is optional Maintenance?” – simply put, customers with Perpetual Licenses of Revu may choose to add annual Maintenance. The next question asked is “What are the benefits?”.
The benefits include:
- Product upgrades – When Bluebeam releases a new major version of Revu, customers with Maintenance can upgrade at no additional charge. An example of a major upgrade would be an upgrade from Revu 2016 to Revu 2017.
- Premium support – Your customers will also receive unlimited phone and email support from the US based experienced technical support staff.
Important things to remember:
- Maintenance must be added to the original purchase order or when the customer purchases a major version upgrade.
- The benefits of Maintenance are available for one year from the date of purchase and must be renewed each year. For a reseller this is a reason to keep in touch with your customer, check if additional licenses are required and ensure the customer has taken advantage of product upgrades if applicable.
- Licenses without Maintenance may be upgraded to the latest version of Revu at the applicable upgrade rate and then add Maintenance at that point.
Remember, Perpetual Licenses of Revu Standard, CAD, eXtreme or Revu Mac are installed on a per workstation basis. What about customers with Open Licenses of Revu eXtreme? This one’s easy! Your customer’s Open Licenses of Revu eXtreme include free major version upgrades and premium technical support. All they need is an active annual Open Licensing subscription.